What are corporate secretarial services?
This service plays both role of an advisor and an employee which help lowering of company costs by increasing efficiency as well as ensure that the company meets legal and compliance requirements
One of the key ways to ensure the success of your business in Singapore is to choose a good corporate secretarial service partner to support your business. It is important that you first give thoughts to the needs of your business. Doing this will put you in a better position to select a corporate secretarial service provider that can effectively cater to the needs of your business.
Why outsource a company secretary?
In accordance with the Singapore Companies Act, companies are required to appoint a corporate secretary within a time frame of six months from incorporation date as part f legal compliance. More information can be found on ACRA’s page here. A corporate secretary carries out a range of duties to ensure compliance with regulations. Combining our extensive accounting and tax expertise, we are well positioned to advise you on restructuring of companies to achieve an efficient corporate structure.
How to appoint a company secretary?
A company can appoint a new company secretary through a vote of the company directors, The appointed company secretary must also complete a consent to act as a secretary known as form 45B.
The company secretary must meet certain qualification criterias and currently be either a local Singapore citizen or PR ( Permanent Resident)
More in depth information on this criteria can be found here
Areas where Prelude can help you with as your corporate secretary include (not limited to) –
Administrative and Regulatory Compliance
• Annual statutory and regulatory compliance
• Provision of named company secretary, nominee directors, nominee shareholders, nominee local agents, registered office address and facilities
• Acting as process agents
• Preparation and maintenance of statutory registers and records (such as board resolutions and shareholders’ resolutions)
• Alterations to corporate structures or memberships
More in depth information on this can be found on ACRA’s page here
Business Registration and Establishment
• Incorporation of private companies
• Registration and/or renewal of representative offices
• Advising and applying for appropriate employment passes for individuals and dependent passes for family members and permanent resident applications
• Advising and implementing of restructuring of company structure, including legal amalgamation
• Advising and assisting with striking-offand voluntary liquidationor winding up of companies
More information about business registration and incorporation can be found at our site here
• Ensuring the right procedures are followed
• Obtaining external and internal agreement of the documents that will be sent to shareholders
• Attending meetings, coordinating the administration and taking of minutes
• Ensuring that the right procedures are followed
• Formulating meeting agendas with the chief executive and the chairman
• Certifying copies of minutes
• Maintaining minute books
Updating ACRA on –
• Change of company name
• Appointment, death, resignation
• Removal from office in accordance with the constitution or the Singapore Companies Act
• Filing of Annual returns
• Adoption, revocation, and alteration of issues of shares constitution
• Changes to a director’s residential address or name
• Ensuring the proper use and custody of the company seal
Company seals are required by law to be in used for contracts that require writing under seal
More information can be found here
ACRA compliance reminders and alert
Prelude will notify ACRA on annual compliance matters and filing deadlines in accordance to the required timelines
COME SPEAK WITH US TO FIND
OUT HOW WE CAN HELP YOU.
To find out more about our other services, click here